Tuesday

Wall Collage #002

E-P1080407
Series: Recycled Wall Art - Collage #002To buy this one-of-a-kind piece of wall art, go to Ken's Eco-Art Gallery.  This website provides purchase information for various pictures and art pieces I've created over the past few years. 

Series Background: Even though this camera was the inspiration for these projects, it was the second creation for my Eco-Art series titled, "Recycled Wall Art". To learn more about this series, read the entry, Category Description.

Collage Background: As I was building this one I began to realize how often we have a tendency to replace things such as cameras, cell phones, computers, printers, etc., and vowed to never throw anything like that away again. I only wish that I still had some of the hundreds of ‘electronic’ items that I have thrown away over the years. For some unknown reason the lens failed to retract all the way from its zoomed out position. After a failed attempt at taking it apart and trying to lubricate and fix it, I had the idea of using the parts for a collage. Probably the most painstaking part of creating these collages is disassembling the items without 'breaking' some of the more delicate pieces. Once I had a table full of pieces, I began the arrangement process on a piece of black foam-board. Once completed, I encased it inside a box frame.