Friday

Floyd Lamb Park - Trip Notes for 05/28/2015

 {Click on an image to enlarge, then use the back button to return to this page}
This page last updated on 02/15/2018
(Fig. 01)
05/28/2015 Trip Notes: Today the rock-hounds from the Henderson Senior Facility had its year-end picnic and cookout at the Floyd Lamb Park at Tule Springs. Originally, I had intended on taking a hike into the newly established Tule Springs Fossil Beds National Monument, located behind the park, but ran short on time and never made it. Click this link to read about this new national park. Nearly everyone brought something great to the feast. Unfortunately, I was so busy partaking/eating all the great offerings, that I forgot to take any pictures. So after the group left, I decided to take a quick walk around the park to see what I could capture. I was amazed at how many people there were fishing. One large family group must have had a thousand dollars worth of fishing gear. In all the years of visiting here, I have never seen so many Canada Geese (Fig. 02). There were literally hundreds of them. An adult Canada Goose may eat as much as four lbs of grass and other forage daily - leading to about two lbs of goose poop daily! It was just everywhere. Then of course there were the ever colorful peacocks. As I began by capturing pictures, I found several that made great black & white images. Click this link for some peacock pictures taken on previous visits to the park ... Indian Blue Peafowl (Pavo cristatus),. I also captured pictures of several flowering bushes, Notice the bumble bee on the bottom picture in the collage in (Fig. 05). While walking around taking in the views offered by the park's four lakes (Figs. 06 & 07), I spotted a rather large turtle that was sunning himself on one of the lake's shorelines (Fig. 08). I even spotted one goose that was sitting on a nest keeping her eggs warm (Fig. 09). The last shot is a picture of Connie reading her book (Fig. 10) while she waited for me to come back from my picture taking expedition.

(Fig. 02)
(Fig. 03)
(Fig. 04)
(Fig. 05)
(Fig. 06)
(Fig. 07)
(Fig. 08)
(Fig. 09)
(Fig. 10)