Friday

Springs Preserve (Spring Flora Blossoms)

{Click on an image to enlarge, then use the back button to return to this page}

In April I attended two Digital Photography classes at the Las Vegas Springs Preserve. My main objective for taking these classes was to learn more about obtaining and mastering 'Depth-of-Field" in my closeups. Even though I'm not sure I have it all down yet, I do feel that I am getting closer to understanding what camera settings I need in order to achieve it. Here are what I consider some of the better closeup pictures of plants & flowers I captured during these two visits. The Slide Show at the bottom of the page contain all of the plant & flower pictures taken during these two visits. 


(Fig. 01)
(Fig. 02) Angel's Trumpets (Brugmansia suaveolens
(Fig. 03)
(Fig. 04) Beard-tongue Penstemon (Penstemon Palmeri)
(Fig. 05) Desert Marigold (Baileya multiradiata)
(Fig. 06) Baja Fairy Duster (Calliandra californica)
(Fig. 07)
(Fig.08)
(Fig.09)


             

Play a Slide Show

Clicking the picture-link below will open OneDrive in a new window and a folder containing 35 pictures taken on two visits to the Springs Preserve. To view the show, click on the first picture in the folder and you will get the following menu bar:



Clicking the "Play slide show" will play a fullscreen window of the slide show.



To view previous visits, go to ... [Springs Preserve]