Wednesday

Hike Updates – Anniversary Mine, Anniversary Narrows & West End Wash

This week Harvey and I hiked three sites off of Lake Mead’s Northshore Road. As a result, I ended up creating two new pages and completely revamping a previous page. I have provided links to each of these pages below.
E-P1010739Anniversary Mine: Though I had been to this location before, I had ‘lumped’ it in with pictures from a hike to the Anniversary Narrows. Because we spent much more time exploring the mine on this hike,  I decided to dedicated more space to it by giving it a page of its own. I added some more info on the history of the mine and quite a few more pictures. Check it out here … Anniversary Mine.
E-P1010786Anniversary Narrows: Because they are both in the same area, lumping these two together makes for a nice daytrip, however, they both deserve recognition on their own. Because I already had a rather extensive page on the Narrow’s hike from a previous visit, I just decided to update the previous page with a new “Trip Notes” section. Due to time constraints on previous visits, I had never even been able to hike to the end of the slot. Because we were able to drive right up to the beginning of the slots, saving more than two miles of hiking, we had much more time to hike this area.  Check it out here … Anniversary Narrows.
E-P1010854West End Wash: The main entrance to the West End Wash is located 2-3 miles south of the Lovell Wash and Anniversary Mine/Narrows entrance off of Lake Mead’s Northshore Road. However, we found a back road that connected these two washes that started up behind the old Anniversary Mine processing area. This is a very large (wide) wash that leads into some quite interesting geology as it heads west and north into the Muddy Mountain range. Check it out here … West End Wash.