Thursday

Stump & Rock Dog Faces


Sometimes I just dunno (do not know) what it is about a certain thing that captures me or causes me to take a picture. Sometimes I am drawn in by the textures or colors of a particular subject; sometimes I see a shape or something else in it that reminds me of something; sometimes it is just its uniqueness; sometime I dunno! In the case of this little “stump” that I shot on 02/10/2011 along Lake Mead’s Lakeshore drive, I immediately saw a ‘faces’ starring at me. To me it looks like a 'pug nosed' dog. Without saying anything, Connie noticed one as well when she first viewed it. What do you see? E-mail me at kccandcj@yahoo.com. Though my guess was that someone had ‘cut it back’ at some point, it was not dead. When I gave it a brief ‘tug’ it was securely rooted, indicating that it certainly had some life left in it.

It’s kind of like this picture I took of a rock on a hike in the Lovell Wash back on 01/20/2011. Its silhouette reminded of a schnauzer getting ready to chew on a bone. OK! So maybe you just have to have an imagination. P1000447