Saturday

Daytrip – Valley of Fire State Park

Click to Enlarge
Click to Enlarge
Today Blake Smith and I were joined by six rock-hounds from the Henderson Senior Facility for a hike to Valley of Fire’s “Fire Wave”. Because I have hiked this trail on three previous occasions, I tried to mix it up a little by returning via the Kaolin Wash. The majority of the pictures that I took on today’s hike were captured on our hike along the wash, back to the main road. Click this link to view them ... Valley of Fire (Fire Wave & Kaolin Wash. If you want to view even more pictures of this area taken on previous hikes, I also updated my previous Fire Wave and Gibraltar Rock post … Valley of Fire (Fire Wave & Gibraltar Rock) - 01/03/2013 Trip Notes. I took the picture to the left at 6:00 am as I was heading out from my apartment on the morning of this hike.