Tuesday

One of my June Hikes 06/20/2012

Kershaw-Ryan State Park
E-P1120772The third week in June I spent the week camping, four-wheeling, and hiking with my friend Harvey Smith. We camped at the Spring Valley State Park north of Pioche, Nevada. Over the course of the week we found and visited more than a half dozen different locations that provided hiking and photographic opportunities that were new to both of us. With more than 300 photos to cull through and edit, it will probably take me weeks to put together pages describing each one. On the third day of our trip we drove through Rainbow Canyon, located just south of Caliente. Because our first stop here, Kershaw-Ryan State Park, was so unique and enjoyable, I decided to create a separate page for it. This beautiful desert oasis even provided us with an early morning two mile hike to get the blood moving. Check it out here … Kershaw-Ryan State Park.