Sunday

This Week's (05/03/12 ) Hikes

Old Spanish Trail and Late Night Trailhead
E-P1110389Today's weekly hike took me back to the location of the Old Spanish Trail and to the Late Night Trailhead inside the Red Rock Canyon Recreation Lands. Even though I have been to these places before, they both offer some outstanding mountain views and are always worth visiting again. Today we got our driver to venture a little further in and spend a little more time at each of these locations which made for some 'new' hiking adventures. After returning from today's hike I did some more research on the Internet and located two abandoned mines that are off of the Spanish Trail hike that I can't wait to find on my next visit to this area. To read up on these two areas and view today's and previous pictures, click on the following links ...

The Old Spanish Trail Hike: Old Spanish Trail
The Late Night Trailhead: Late Night Trailhead