Saturday

Bee Mania

Bee Collage

Picture Notes: Here are a few pictures that I found while pursuing through some of my tree and flower folders. I always feel good when I am lucky enough to capture a picture of a bee that is buried in a blossom gathering nectar.  Though I originally put this post together in 2013, I updated it with a picture (Fig. 01) that was taken on 02/22 of this year on a visit to Corn Creek Station, headquarters for the Desert National Wildlife Range. Though I'm not positive, I think this is some type of Crabapple tree. As you can see, the bumble bee in the picture is buried deep into a blossom, thus the title "Headfirst". The remaining pictures were taken between 2011 and 2013. If my memory serves me, (Figs. 02 and 05) were taken around the pool area while we were living at the Players Club Apartments in Henderson. The pictures in (Figs. 03 and 06) were captured while hiking along Wheeler Pass Road on the west side of the Spring Mountains, a few miles east of Pahrump, Nevada. The bee in (Fig. 04) was taken at Cave Rock State Park just north of South Lake Tahoe.
  
EFP-P1060791
(Fig. 01) Title - "Diving Headfirst"

Bumble Bee 3
(Fig. 02)
E-P1090523-2
(Fig. 03)
E-P1000686-2
(Fig. 04)
Flight of the Bumble Bee2
(Fig. 05)
Sipping3
(Fig. 06)