Sunday

Desert Bighorn Sheep in Red Rock Canyon NCA

            {Click on an image to enlarge, then use the back button to return to this page}
(Fig. 01)


03/25/2016 Trip Notes:  While walking along Rocky Gap Road on our return hike to La Madre Spring & Dam, west of the Willow Springs Picnic Area, I spotted more than four Desert Bighorn Sheep roaming the cliffs on the north side of the road. Even though I have spent considerable time hiking trails throughout the Red Rock Canyon Park, this was only the second time I have spotted Bighorns. To me, the other surprising thing, was that this was around 12:30 in the afternoon. I was under the impression that you always had a better chance of observing Desert Bighorn Sheep during the early morning or late afternoon hours. Go to this page for pictures and information about this hike ... La Madre Spring - Trip Notes for 03/25/2016.
                                                   
(Fig. 02)
(Fig. 03)
(Fig. 04)
(Fig. 05)